West Hills is an affluent residential and commercial neighborhood in the western San Fernando Valley region of Los Angeles.
The neighborhood was formerly the home of many Native American tribes, and during the early Spanish and Mexican era was part of Mission de San Fernando. In the American era, West Hills was part of Owensmouth, which was renamed Canoga Park in 1930. West Hills was established in western Canoga Park and retained its present name in 1987.
Historic landmarks and many city parks are to be found within the community, as are commercial districts, a business district and religious establishments. Two private high schools are among the thirteen schools within West Hills.